Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eyes Closed: A Poem

Ok, sorry I haven't posted in a while, but every writer needs her own creative time, right? But before I share my newest creation, I would like to just clear something about the comments you guys give me. If you post a comment, you might observe how it doesn't appear under the post instantly. This is because it goes to my account so I can approve them before they are released. If, by any chance, a comment can upset a reader, the writer of the comment, or myself, it will not be shown to the public. NOTE: This does not mean that I don't read the comments. Almost every day, I go on and see who's commented, and every day your comments touch my heart. Please don't be offended if you don't see yours up there on the blog. Alright, this post's poem was actually inspired by a comment that I received (no, I'm not saying which one). So sit back, relax, and enjoy the.....writing (?)

Eyes Closed

There comes a time
when your heart beats.
Each roll of thunder
an echo of the past.
A light shines faintly
in the distance.
Guidance offered,
yet not accepted.
The urgency to fulfill,
to prove worth,
controls all thought.
Emptiness.

There is a place
if all else fails.
And nothing remains
except the memory of teardrops
on parched strands of space.
The whisper of silk
against the window pane.
A lipstick stain
on a piece of broken glass.

If nothing remains,
who shall follow?
Who? The echo asks, who?
Who, why, when.
The cycle turning
to the pulse of the heart,
to the soul of the teacher,
to the answers to what is yet to come.
Round and round,
like a carousel turning.
Until all that is left
is the sound
of labored breath, pulsing beat.
Growing,
Changing,
Turning.
Filling the nothingness
with the silence of heartsong.

Peace, love, and happiness
- Becca

2 comments:

  1. Here are my comments as I have yet to comment on any of these amazing poems but I read them all...

    My two favorite are "Welcome to my World" and "Taste of Mangoes" ...

    But I love them all... "Eyes Closed" is incredibly deep and meaningful... But it is so cold in NY today, I needed a warm and happy poem... Keep writing... These are so amazing and your uncle enjoys reading them!

    xxoo

    Didi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working on my newest project for 2 months and I haven't written a word yet!!! I know what you mean by creative time...Keep the poems coming!!!!

    Mr. S

    ReplyDelete