Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Comments


Every budding poet's dream is to be discovered, to be understood. We stay up till dawn, flashlight and pen and notebook in hand, writing out our dreams, our thoughts, our desires. And then we show our work to the world, and all we get is "Nice work" or "Good job". Look, I don't think there is anything wrong with a good old pat on the back, but sometimes a pre-teen poet needs a little more. To those who have left all those sincere, thoughtful, and yes, sometimes opinionated comments on my blog-- thank you. You have enabled me to reach a broader output for my work than I ever could have dreamed. The great thing about poetry is that it has many meanings. Your comments have showed me how much a day in the life of a growing-up girl can connect to some people whom I barely know. You've discovered hidden messages and connections that a poet can only imagine others finding. I'll keep on writing, grant you, but it's your comments that keep my believing. Thank you.

Peace, love, and happiness
- Becca

2 comments:

  1. Awsome as always Bec :0 your unbelievable ! luv emmy

    ReplyDelete