Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcome To My World: A Poem


Okay people, I know some of you have been wondering why on earth I haven't made one single posting about poetry yet. So, I wrote this at around midnight a couple of nights ago. It makes absolutely no sense to me; see if you can make something out of it.

Welcome To My World

She dances around the room,
graceful as a sprite,
and just as mischievous.
Playful, a leaping tendril of fire.
Like fire, always fire.

I sit,
swinging around on my desk chair,
recording my observations.
Looking in at the world
from the outside of
a clear bubble of steel.
Always watching, never speaking.
I'm watching, always watching.

And the world turns.
The fire, the watcher
meet on either sides of
that impenetrable wall of steel.
Fingertips press
against the invisible metal.
Yet no one attempts to break free.

No one ever tries.
They just wait
for someone to free them.
No one ever bridges the gap
between black and white,
hot and cold,
love and hate.
And they never will.

They just wait,
always watching, always burning.
Until someone breaks down
that cruel wall of steel,
and their entire world
topples around them.

Peace, love, and happiness
-Becca

4 comments:

  1. Maybe this is all middle schoolers trying to break-free while studying for mid-terms. I think it is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv that poem and what i make out of it is that is shows u looking at the world!!!! yur d best poet ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm... i really liked it. i can't exactly understand it but in a way it kind of makes sense. keep writing RE-becca. did you like that?

    -madeleine (i don't actually have an account so this is how i'm going to show it's me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was good. it got me thinking of how in life we have so many things to fight for and we don't even try. we all look at the world through are own eyes and the things we see are wonderful or horrible but never both. also when you say your always watching never speaking i think thats true for me. i always watch. never speak my mind even when i really want too. i guess thats really all i want to say.

    ReplyDelete